EXPANSION ELECTRONIC IS THE FIRST EUROPEAN MANUFACTURER THAT HAS OBTAINED THE UNI EN ISO 16890 CERTIFICATION ON ACTIVE ELECTROSTATIC FILTERS.
The introduction of the new global standard UNI EN ISO 16890, which classifies the air filters on the basis of their ability to retain the dispersed airborne particulate matter (PM10, PM2,5 and PM1), is generating a general revolution in the air filtration sector. It replaces the previous and obsolete EN 779:2012 standard (F7, F8, F9), anti-dust air filters for general ventilation.
CARACHTERISTICS OF EN ISO 16890
• It replaces an existing standard from more than 20 years.
• The efficiency refers to the particle size of fine powders.
• The classification of a filtration element in a ePMx group is based on the minimum value of efficiency.
• New procedure for the electrostatic charge on the entire filter.
• Two different aerosols for the test: DEHS and KCL.
ADVANTAGES OF EN ISO 16890
• The filters will be more suitable for the real conditions of the desired application.
• Easier to correlate with international organizations such as WHO (World Health Organization) thanks to the same nomenclature.
• Possibility to calculate in an engineering way a filtration system.
• Improvement of the Indoor Air Quality.
• The norm will be valid worldwide.
The main difference between the previous EN 779 standard and the new EN ISO 16890, for the users, lays in the classification system of the HVAC filters efficiency.
In order to be classified as PM1, PM2,5 or all other PM size classes, a filter must prove a minimum efficiency of 50% compared to the class concerned. So, with this norm a filter can have up to four efficiency classes if it reaches minimum 50% of efficiency in the PM class (n).
In the end, for coarse filters, the new standard will include the filters that capture less than 50% of particles in the PM10 range, which will be called Coarse ISO and will show the performances of PM10 (for example PM Coarse 45%).
The medical-scientific community also recognizes the problem about micro-particulate and is paying special attention to PM 1, which is considered the most dangerous fraction of PM for human health. This new standard will therefore lead to an improvement in indoor air quality for the benefit of the health and well-being of people and production processes.
Thanks to their properties, the active electrostatic filters of Expansion Electronic offer very low pressure drops, constant during normal operating life. When the maximum degree of dirt is reached, the electrostatic filter can be maintained by washing with a special detergent that regenerates it and guarantees its normal functionality again.
The active electrostatic filter is a high precision filter composed of noble materials and is not intended for “disposable”. The return on initial investments is guaranteed in a few months thanks to:
• lower energy consumption that still guarantees a high Indoor Air Quality;
• lower maintenance costs;
• no filter replacement costs.
The FE SYSTEM filter range generates saving on energy costs of 25%.
The reliability and performance of Expansion Electronic filters, in fact, ensure low running costs throughout the entire life cycle of the plant.